- Many seniors are unaware of the available care options and programs that can help maintain their independence and quality of life. So Caring.com created a free resource that provides comprehensive information on topics like financial support, organizations, and available care options that are in every city in Maryland that can help senior citizens stay connected with their community, to provide value to the senior citizens and their families in our communities.
- Caring.com is a leading senior care resource for family caregivers seeking information and support as they care for aging parents, spouses and other loved ones. They have been featured on the Administration for Community Living, AARP, Forbes, and is referenced by many governmental agencies and organizations across the internet.
- The Retirement Living Sourcebook is the leading resource for senior housing, aging in place, and professional resources.
- Founded to Help Others: Guide to Retirement Living SourceBook was founded by Steve Gurney in 1990 to provide individuals, families, and professionals with the most comprehensive listing of every retirement community, assisted living, nursing and rehab center and home care option in the DC, Northern Virginia and Suburban Maryland.
- Serving the Mid-Atlantic Like No One Else:
The publication filled a huge void in the marketplace and with the encouragement of government agencies and regional non-profits quickly expanded to two more regional editions covering the State of Maryland, and the Delaware Valley Region (Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Delaware).
- Guide to Retirement Living SourceBook is a fixture in the communities we serve. Because we maintain regional offices, our staff meets regularly with local leaders in aging services, we maintain a presence at all senior expos and health fairs, and members of our team speak and lecture to thousands of consumers every year.
- Comprehensive and Complete: Guide to Retirement Living SourceBook has always been committed to serving the readers by listing every senior housing option whether they are paid advertisers or not. We understand that readers need all of the available choices to make an informed decision.
- Guide to Retirement Living SourceBook understands the complex and emotional aspects to decision-making that our reader goes through. That’s why every issue features dozens of articles written by foremost experts on aging issues and real-life stories detailing solutions that have worked for others.